Note that while About.com would greatly appreciate it if you would register, it is not necessary to log in to leave a response.
What about Jack Rabbit?
- I can't believe this old woodie at Kennywood Park near Pittsburgh, PA was not included. Its wild ride through the mountainside long predates Disney's Thunder Mtn. RR.
- —Guest DBrub61086
Most underrated coasters
- 1. Flight of Fear (KI) 2. Gemini (CP) 3. Viper (SF:GAm) 4. Dominator (KD) 5. Racer (KI) 6. Maverick (CP) 7. Firehawk (KI) 8. Storm Runner (HersheyPark) 9. Possessed (DP&WK) 10. Farenheit (HersheyPark)
- —Guest Michcoasterguy
Umm Scream! ?????
- I dont see how Scream is underrated. Sure it's a good ride, but it's built in a parking lot!
- —Guest coasterfanatic
- Where is Wicked at Lagoon? It uses LSM's to launch you 110 feet in the air, straight up. You then go straight back down. After a turn you hit a zero-G roll. After banking around for close to 20 seconds you return to the station. I would take this over a few of your choices.
- —Guest SkiDaBird
- You say "Racer" at Kings Island, but forget to include that it is basically a clone of Rebel Yell from Kings Dominion? For shame... Arthur says: The User Answer feature is available so that users like you can chime in, and I'm glad you did. "For shame" seems a bit harsh, no? I've ridden Rebel Yell. While it is similar to Racer, I don't think Rebel Yell has aged nearly as well as Racer (at least the last time I visited King's Dominion, that was my experience).
- —Guest mikew
Agree on Wild One
- This was my first coaster over forty years ago when it still lived at Paragon Park at Nantasket Beach. I'll always remember the contests between my family as to who would be the first one to see the coaster as we drove out the road to the beach. This ride terrified and thrilled me as a boy and maybe its nostalgia, but I'm glad its still terrifying and thrilling a new generation. Now I got to get down to DC to ride it as an adult
- —Guest Capecodmercury
More underated Coasters
- Cyclone - Six Flags New England The Coaster - Dorney Park Twister - Knobels resort The Great White Moreys Pier, Wildwood A few Oldies but goodies. That do not get the recognition they deserve.
- —Guest Schwarj1
Under Rated Coaster
- Gemini (Cedar Point, OH) Deja Vu (6-Flags, GA) Rita: Queen of Speed (Alton Towers, UK) Lightning Racers (Hershey Park, PA) Alavanch (Blackpool, UK) Bolder Dash (Lake Compounce, CN) Gwazi (Busch Gardens, FL) Talon (Dorney Park) Silver Bullet (Knotts, LA) Backlot Stunt Coaster (Kings Dominion, VA)
- —Guest Lon Smart
Tremors at Silverwood Theme Park
- I must say, Tremors is one of the woodies in America that doesn't get much respect. Sure, it's been in the top 15 every year since 1999, but it needs a bit more recognition. After 10 seasons, the baby still runs great, and incredibly smooth for a CCI!
- —Guest Golden Eagle
The Wild One at Six Flags America
- Agree with you on that one. It's nearly 100 years old, but still rides like a charm.