Best Roller Coaster Ever.......
- Without a doubt.......X2. There is nothing like it. Every other coaster is just "cute," after riding X2. You rotate 360 degrees while going down drops, so the the ground rushes up at you while you are face down.
- I already posted a full-length review of Nitro, prematurely, I'm afraid, because I hadn't experienced this coaster at its best. When I wrote the review I had ridden in the middle of the train. Now that I've ridden in the middle, 3rd row, 2nd row and 1st row I would like to elaborate by saying that the 1st row is definitely the best. In any row it's a great ride, but in the front seat it's an AMAZING ride. The 215-foot drop is all the more awesome. I wish I could add that to my already published review. Go for the first row!!! Fortunately, because the train seats 4 across, it doesn't take nearly as long to get in the front row as it does on 2-seaters, and it's well worth it. Wow!
The thrill of it
- My top 5 steel: Millennium Force, CP; Nitro, Six Flags NJ; Alpengeist, Busch Gardens VA; Desperado, near Vegas; and Bizzarro Six Flags, MA. Top 5 wooden: Beast Kings Island, OH; El Toro, Six Flags NJ; Lightning Racer in Hersheypark, PA; Texas Giant, Six Flags Over Texas; and Clyclone, Coney Island, NY.
- —Guest Lakers32
- My favorite rollercoasters are 1. Top Thrill Dragster 2. Millenium Force 3. Maverick 4. Raptor The faster the better!
- —Guest barrelracer16
Best wooden coasters I have ridden
- 1. El Toro. Totally awesome, exceptionally well-designed. Sensation of descending first steep drop delectable in the extreme. Better than sex. Rest of ride A-One. 2) The Voyage. Spectacular and crazy ride. Would be difficult to improve on this. Good airtime, scenery and ride length (1 minute longer than El Toro.) 3. Coney Island Cyclone. A true classic, sentimental favorite and surprisingly good ride for such an ancient coaster, depending on where you sit. 1st 2 front-seat rides on 7/10/11 were great - this relic can still deliver thrills and 1st drop hasn't lost anything over years - but 3rd ride in 4th row was disastrous. I got knocked about so violently and was in such agony that I couldn't wait for it to end. Left arm so severely inflamed and bruised that ride operators called on-duty doctor and incident report was written. Injury caused in part because ride has no seat belts, only lap bars, maximizing impact to single riders. Still, 2 good rides out of 3 ain't bad.
Hershey Park Fahrenheit a Fav
- Fahrenheit at Hershey Park is one of my favs ever. It starts off with a huge climb, and before you know it you are headed down at a 97-degree angle. After that there are corkscrews and loops all the way to the end instead of one big drop then being bored for the rest of the ride.
- —Guest bill
Cheetah Hunt #1
- The best and most surprising coaster. Amazingly fast acceleration. Lots of thrills.
- —Guest BOBERT
my top coasters
- 1. Diamondback (KI) 2. Maverick (CP) 3. Magnum (CP) 4. Raging Bull (SF:GAm) 5. Firehawk (KI) 6. Raptor (CP) 7. Millenium Force (CP) 8. Flight of Fear (KI) 9. Dominator (KD) 10. Vortex (KI) WOODIES 1. Beast (KI) 2. Shivering Timbers (MiA) 3. Racer (KI) 4. Blue Streak (CP) 5. American Eagle (SF:GAm)
- —Guest Michcoasterguy
My Seven Best Coasters
- The top 10: Sheikra, Kumba, Gwazi, Montu, Scorpion, Hulk, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. Wait! That's only 7.
- —Guest GuestGirl
Where's the Beast?
- One has to wonder how these lists get compiled...The Beast at Kings Island should definitely be on any serious wooden coaster list...it is the longest wooden coaster ever built, with two big drops, and is pretty much universally recognized as one of the best ever!
- —Guest artispiritum
- at Busch Gardens, Williamsburg VA. I love that near-vertical drop!
- —Guest Carolyn
Intimidator at Carowinds
- The Intimidator at Carowinds is definitely the best, dropping you 230 feet at 80mph.
- —Guest Jon marjfog
Best coaster ever: The Beast
- I love steel coasters, but love wooden ones better. I agree the Voyage is a great coaster, but The Beast is the best coaster ever...here's why.....it was built by King's Island's maintance crew, not some big coaster firm....it follows the terrain, so it feels like it is supposed to be there.....its the longest wooden coaster, feels almost like two coasters in one....its even scarier at night, as a beast in the woods should be.....the ending double helix is well, awesome........basiclly the Beast just rocks....best coaster ever!!!!!
- —Guest Mikey B
The Best 5 IN THE WORLD
- 1. The scenic railway - Luna Park 2. Mad Mouse - Melbourne Show 3. The cha cha - Kyabram Show 4. The Octpos - Shepparton Show 5. The Tornado - The Ekka
- —Guest Andrew
Best Coasters, Starting with Bizarro
- (no order) Bizzaro @ Six Flags New England, Millenium Force @ Cedar Point, Eagle Fortress (SBNO) @ Everland, Expedition GeForce @ Holiday Park, El Toro @ Six Flags Great Adventure, T Express @ Everland, The Voyage @ Holiday World, Phoenix @ Knoebels, Boulder Dash @ Lake Compounce, Thunderhead @ Dollywood, Ravine Flyer 2 @ Waldemeer, Nemesis @ Alton Towers, Prowler @ Worlds of Fun, Katun @ Mirabilandia, Pyrenees @ Parque Espana-Shima Spain Village
- —Guest 1king65