Timed to debut around the 2008 release of The Dark Knight movie, Six Flags tied its hype bandwagon to the Hollywood hype machine. Billed as indoor, themed coasters, the park chain forgot two essential ingredients: the themeing and the coasters. Except for a so-so pre-show, the attractions hardly features any effects. The few onboard effects are mostly lame. And the rides are fairly standard--and tame--Wild Mouse-style coasters.
A third Dark Knight coaster was supposed to open at Six Flags New England, but the project was canceled and the coaster opened at Six Flags Mexico instead.
- Six Flags Dark Knight Coaster Preview Mini Photo Gallery
- Six Flags Great America Photo Gallery
- Six Flags Great Adventure Photo Gallery
- El Toro- Review of the wooden coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure.
- Bizarro- Review of the floorless coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure.
- Hurricane Harbor- Overview of the water park at Six Flags Great Adventure.