- Online: Starting in October 2013, the resort began accepting online reservations. To book a table, go to Disneyland's official site, click on a restaurant that accepts reservations, and enter your info in the "Check Availability" box on the restaurant's page. As with all other ways to make advance plans, online dining requests can only be made up to 60 days ahead of your visit.
- Telephone: (714) 781-3463 [(714) 781-DINE]
Call up to 60 days (2 months) in advance -- the sooner the better, especially during busy seasons.
- Email: email@example.com
Your emailed request should include the following (and, per Disney, only the following):
- Restaurant name
- Requested date
- Requested time or meal (breakfast, lunch, or dinner)
- Number of guests
- Contact name and phone number
Disneyland will send back an email with a confirmation number for your reservation. If the resort cannot accommodate your request, it will email you back and ask you to provide other dates, times, and/or locations.
- On property
If you are staying at one of Disneyland's hotels, you could make advance reservations with the concierge. If you are visiting the resort, you could try walking up to a restaurant that accepts reservations on the day you want to dine. Last-minute cancellations do occur, and even the busiest eateries may be able to accommodate you (although it is unlikely, especially at the more sought-after places and/or during peak seasons).
Some tips and things to know:
- You can only request reservations at certain table-service restaurants. You are on your own at quick-service eateries and lounges. To find out which locations you could book in advance, go to Disneyland's official restaurant page and click on "Reservations Accepted."
- Consider exploring some of the wonderful restaurants available outside of the parks at the hotels and Downtown Disney. You might want to scoot out of the parks during the lunch-hour rush and seek an alternate place to dine.
- Be persistent. If you have your heart (stomach?) set on a particular restaurant, but a reservation isn't available, wait a few days and check back. You may be successful later, because cancellations may make additional tables available.
- Particularly during high-demand days, try booking during quieter times, such as a late lunch or an early or late dinner
- Disneyland character dining can be especially popular, so be sure to make reservations early if you and your gang want to eat with Mickey and the gang.
- Are you looking for suggestions about places to dine? Check out my lists of Disneyland's Best Restaurants. Discover the top 10 best Disneyland table-service restaurants. Some of these accept reservations. You can also take a look at my rundown of the top 10 best Disneyland quick-service restaurants and Disneyland's top-10 best snacks and desserts.