The focal point and, by far, the most popular, if not the most charming, of Walt Disney World's four parks, the Magic Kingdom is the east coast version of Walt Disney's prototype, Disneyland. It uses a "hub and spoke" layout to connect the iconic Cinderella's Castle at its center with the themed lands: Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Mickey's Toontown Fair, Adventureland, Fronteirland, Liberty Square and Main Street, U.S.A.
By focusing on Disney's powerful and emotionally charged catalogue of characters, films and timeless stories and merging them with immersive attraction technologies, the Magic Kingdom exerts a magnetic pull on children and the child in all of us. It is the quintessential theme park experience.
It's nearly all wonderful but if you have to narrow down the list:
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- The Haunted Mansion
- it's a small world
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- "Wishes" fireworks show
- Peter Pan's Flight
The Magic Kingdom for Wimps- Are you (or someone you know) a theme park wimp? This guide offers tips about which rides to skip and which ones to try.
Magic Kingdom DiningPerhaps the weakest of the four parks for restaurants. And the only one not to serve alcohol. Some OK choices:
- Tony's Town Square Restaurant- Italian specialties, themed to Lady and the Tramp
- Cinderella's Royal Table- Atop the castle, medieval themeing, hearty fare.
- Liberty Tree Tavern- Colonial New England themeing and food
- The Crystal Palace- Decent buffet
Magic Kingdom Tips
- As with all Disney parades, grab a spot for the MK's parades at least 30 minutes before they start or you'll be stuck three rows behind mouse-eared guests.
- Check the Magic Kingdom's Fastpass attractions and learn how to make the most of the Fastpass program.
- If lines are wearing you down, head to some of the typically low-queue attractions such as the Hall of Presidents or the Tomorrowland Transit Authority.
New at the Resort
New for 2014
New Fantasyland- A major expansion has doubled the size of Fantasyland.
- Review of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- New Fantasyland Photos and Overview
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Little Mermaid Ride
- Storybook Circus
New for 2013
Limited Time Magic- Find out about the special mini events planned throughout the year.
Walt Disney World Trip-Planning Resources
- Best Things to Do at Disney World
- Magic Your Way Ticket Program
- Guide to Walt Disney World Hotels
- Top 10 Best WDW Rides and Shows