Originally envisioned by Walt Disney as an actual "Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow" (EPCOT, get it?) with real residents living and working in a Disneyfied utopia, his successors instead developed a world's fair-like park. Future World focuses on emerging technologies while World Showcase features pavilions devoted to a rainbow of nations. Originally the park took itself far too seriously and even banned Mickey and his pals. Now, the tone is lighter and attractions like Test Track have even given Epcot a bit of an edge.
- Illuminations nighttime show
- Mission: SPACE- Ride review.
- Soarin'- Ride review.
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends Ride- Ride review.
- Test Track
- China's Land of Beauty, Land of Time 360-degree film
- The American Adventure
Epcot for Wimps- A park guide to help thrill-ride challenged visitors decide which attractions to avoid and which to consider.
Five Best Rides for Kids at Disney World- Includes two Epcot attractions.
DiningWith Epcot's international flair, there are some interesting choices:
- Restaurant Marrakesh- Delicious and exotic Moroccan fare.
- Bistro de Paris- Very good, very expensive.
- Le Cellier Steakhouse- Who knew Canada had such great food? Reasonably priced too.
- Les Chefs de France- Good food, not as pricey as the Bistro.
- Disney World's Best Restaurants- As you might expect, Epcot is well represented on this list.
- Tips for Eating Healthy at Disney World- An exclusive About.com video based at Epcot.
- Miss Illuminations and you miss one of the very best shows at WDW. Grab a spot at least 45 minutes before it begins. Try to get a good view of the lagoon near the U.K. pavilion.
- Skip Spaceship Earth first thing in the morning; that's where everyone heads. Later in the day, you should be able to walk on.
- The Mission: SPACE, Soarin', and Test Track queues explode as soon as the park opens. Use Fastpass but pick your passes up before midday as they may be gone after that. Also, consider using the single-rider lines.
- Check Epcot's Fastpass attractions and learn how to make the most of the Fastpass program.
- If you're hot and weary from all the lines, head to Club Cool where the soft drinks are free. (Sponsored by Coca-Cola. And I dare you to try "Beverly.")
New ar the ParkNew in 2013
Find out how to use Disney's new (and free!) visit planning program.
New in 2012
Redesigned Test Track
Late in the year, Epcot reopened the attraction with a fresh, new look, and a new pre-show.