Looking for more Disney World tips? Check out the Best Things to Do at Disney World
There are so many great places to eat, it's difficult to determine the top 10 best restaurants at Walt Disney World. That's why I turned to 10 of the most popular and respected travel journalists covering the Florida theme park mecca, including some of my About.com colleagues, for some help. I asked them to provide ten of their favorite Disney table-service restaurants and ten of their top casual dining spots. I then threw their choices into a Cuisinart, poured them through a colander, ranked the results, and developed two top 10 lists.
Whether you're planning an elegant meal, want to grab a quick bite, or anything in between during your Walt Disney World visit, you're sure to find restaurants to please your palate as well as your wallet with these top dining spots:
- The Top 10 Best Walt Disney World Table-Service Restaurants- Includes both high-end and more moderately priced restaurants.
- The Top 10 Best Walt Disney World Casual Restaurants- Includes buffet and counter-service restaurants.
There are dozens of dining choices across Walt Disney World, and our esteemed panel listed a total of 44 different restaurants on their top-10 table-service lists. But there was general consensus on the 10 restaurants that floated to the top.
Bubbling just beneath the surface are a few table-service restaurants that didn't make the cut but bear mentioning:
- 50's Prime Time Cafe at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The comfort food is fine, but the real appeal of the highly themed restaurant is the pitch-perfect 50's ambiance. The cost is moderate ($15 to $35 per adult).
- Sanaa at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. The third restaurant at the African-themed hotel, which features exotic African- and Indian-inspired dishes, draws rave reviews. The cost is high ($35 to $60 per adult).
- Citrico's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. The inspired Mediterranean fare makes Citrico's among my favorite Disney World restaurants. The cost is high ($35 to $60 per adult).
Reservations, which are highly recommended for these popular eateries, can be made up to six months in advance. Get the info you'll need to make advance Disney World dining reservations.
None of the restaurants that made the list offer opportunities to meet Mickey Mouse or his pals. But meals with characters are a very popular option at the resort. Learn more about Disney World character dining.
Sometimes (usually in the off-season), Disney offers a limited-time deal that includes a hotel and park tickets package with free meals. Is it a good deal? It could be. Find out more about Disney World free dining.
Many thanks to following panel of travel writers who participated in the best restaurant survey. They are listed along with their top pick for the best Walt Disney World restaurant.
- Robb and Elissa Alvey of Theme Park Review, Les Chefs de France
- Charlyn Keating Chisholm, About.com's Hotels and Resorts Guide, California Grill
- Mike Collins of CoasterRadio.com, San Angel Inn
- Lance Hart of Screamscape, Nine Dragons Restaurant
- Dawn Henthorn, About.com's Florida Travel Guide, Artist Point
- Theresa Johnston, About.com's Orlando Guide, Biergarten Restaurant
- Robert Niles of Theme Park Insider, Les Chefs de France
- Teresa Plowright, About.com's Family Vacations Guide, 50's Prime Time Cafe
- Matt Roseboom of Orlando Attractions Magazine, Jiko - The Cooking Place
- Nancy Schretter of Family Travel Network, Boma – Flavors of Africa