1. Travel
Arthur Levine

They Aced It at Cedar Point

By May 18, 2012

If you're here at About.com's Theme Parks site, chances are you enjoy roller coasters. Or maybe you are a fan who really loves coasters. Or perhaps you are coaster crazy and have a true passion for riding the rails. If you fall into the latter category, you owe it to yourself to check out American Coaster Enthusiasts. By joining ACE, you could mingle with like-minded coaster aficionados at special park events.

For example, the organization is holding its spring conference this weekend at Cedar Point, one of the most celebrated coaster havens in the world. In addition to presentations and group meals, attendees will have exclusive ride time, or ERT, on all 17 16 of the park's coasters. Before and after Cedar Point opens to the general public, ACE members will be able to ride and re-ride coasters such as Maverick and Magnum XL-200 with almost no wait. To learn more about the organization, go to the ACE Website.

Comments
May 20, 2012 at 2:43 pm
(1) Jonathan says:

An article about ACE and you goofed up CP’s coaster count? ;-) Guess I can spare myself the question on whether or not you are a member :)

May 20, 2012 at 4:16 pm
(2) Arthur Levine says:

Jonathan-

Ooh, snarky! Of course, you are correct — and I do keep up on these things:
http://themeparks.about.com/b/2012/05/03/cedar-point-cedes-coaster-crown-to-six-flags.htm. In my defense, I was copying info from ACE’s own materials: http://www.aceonline.org/fliers/SpringCon2012.pdf. I guess ACE put the flier together before CP announced it would be dismantling one of its coasters.

-Arthur

May 21, 2012 at 2:18 pm
(3) April Rives says:

I’m and ACE member, and yes, it should be 16.
It was an awesome trip, and I can’t wait to do it again next year.

May 29, 2012 at 4:02 am
(4) coastergirl501 says:

Yes the announcement that CP would be taking down the Wild Cat was only announced a week or two before the event. Any true coaster enthusiast would have read this and understood the correction.

May 29, 2012 at 9:36 am
(5) Paul Blick says:

Arthur, thank you so much for the nice article about ACE. We are very proud of our club and any promotion of it is appreciated. Thank you again! –Paul Blick, ACE Events Director

May 29, 2012 at 11:41 am
(6) Brad Dutterer says:

Thank you Arthur for the promotion of the club. ACE is a group I am proud to be a member of, and BTW, the event was ridiculous awesome!!!