1. Travel
Arthur Levine

Readers' Choice Awards
Best Theme Park Halloween Event of 2011

By February 22, 2012

Voting for About.com's 2012 Readers' Choice Awards, honoring the best new acheivements for theme parks, amusement parks, and water parks in 2011, begins Wednesday, February 22 and ends Wednesday, March 21, 2012. Users can vote once per day in each of the seven categories. Winners will be announced on Friday, March 30, 2012.

Learn more about the Readers' Choice Awards for theme parks and water parks.

Vote in the other Readers' Choice Awards Categories:

Note that users must provide an email address or log in via their Facebook or About.com accounts to vote. Votes are limited to one vote per award category per user per day, and any votes not originating from the about.com domain will be rejected. To ensure fairness, we have internal checks in place to detect fraudulent voting activity, and in some cases the poll results shown during voting may not reflect the accurate final counts used to determine winners.

Comments
February 27, 2012 at 2:54 pm
(1) Wildwood says:

I guess I’m a little biased, but my vote is for Morey’s Piers!

March 4, 2012 at 5:28 am
(2) Von says:

Moreys rocks no matter what season or holiday it is!!!

March 6, 2012 at 7:56 pm
(3) Eric says:

I feel that Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood deserves it, but this year, Knott’s is stepping up it’s game. I voted for HHN Hollywood though. Will be always my favorite.

March 10, 2012 at 4:35 am
(4) Marko50 says:

Arthur, gotta say some of these results are really surprising to me. Especially the voting for HHN Orlando which is usually regarded as neck and neck for best with Knott’s, but not (Knott?) here. At least, not yet. Oh, well, I voted for Scary Farm anyway!

March 10, 2012 at 11:55 am
(5) Arthur Levine says:

Well Marko, maybe most other people opted for Knott’s as well. A lot of the RCA results have to do with the parks themselves getting out the vote by rallying their fans on social media and elsewhere. Universal Orlando has not risen to the challenge (yet!).

-Arthur

March 19, 2012 at 7:38 pm
(6) Jerry Gallow says:

I went to Horror Nights and was very disappointed. Very crowded and since they cancelled the water world show and rocky horror show and chucky show, crowds have just been a mess. the terror tram was the same old thing. except less scary. the bill and ted show resorted to making fun of arabs and mexicans, among other cheap racial jokes. even had the nerve to parody seal team 6.
I then went to Knotts and had a much more enjoyable time. With more shows, crowds are never as bad as they are at Universal. And the hanging show was just great. They did a much better job handling a bin laden character. They made fun of bin laden. While Universal made fun of all arab men. Big difference. While I’ll give Horror Nights another shot this year, without a doubt, the better Halloween event was Knotts Scary Farm Halloween Haunt.

March 21, 2012 at 10:20 pm
(7) Janet says:

I agree the line at universal studio are super big but it’s still my favorite place to go on Halloween

March 22, 2012 at 2:18 am
(8) amy says:

Universal studios Halloween horror nights in ca, suck %&$ I went the last three years hoping they would get better, after all they make great movies, but every year got worse. I will not return and I talk everyone I know outta wasting their money there too. Knotts berry farm, ca is awesome and has a great buffet (extra charge) before which gets u early entry into the scare zone.

March 22, 2012 at 12:04 pm
(9) Sandra says:

I think that HHN is better. To me they dont look as fake as Knotts. Knotts did not scare me one bit but HHN hollywood did, I guess it just depends. Everyone has different opinions and it’s because everyone has different experiences. For example, everyone is saying when they went to HHN it was really crowded, but when I went the lines were only 5 minutes long! Knotts is getting better, but it still hasnt beaten HHN hollywood yet, in my opinion. Better step up your game HHN or you’re going to get whooped.

March 22, 2012 at 1:50 pm
(10) sally feldman says:

Universal Studios is extremely scary, I was there for four hours went through all the mazes and seriously felt as if I made it through a heart attack. I will continue to go and bring everyone I can, as being a traveler all over I have never seen more reality, terror, excitement, gruesomeness, and passion put into one night. But of course it is supposed to be like being in the movies and i promise you, it is!

March 22, 2012 at 5:23 pm
(11) ODR1 says:

Knotts will always regin supreme reguardless of this or any other poll. First,best,scariest…the haunt veil that started them all…the halloween haunt