1. Travel
Arthur Levine

Readers' Choice Awards: Best New Theme Park Attraction of 2010

By February 11, 2011

The nominations have been tallied, the finalists have been chose, and now it's up to you, dear readers, to cast your vote for the Best New Theme Park Attraction of 2010. It's one of four Readers' Choice Awards categories here at About.com's Theme Parks site. About.com's 2011 Readers' Choice Awards showcase the best products, features, and services in multiple categories, from travel to technology to parenting. Voting will run from February 11 through March 8, and the winners will be announced on March 15.

The voting period is over and the results have been tabulated. Here are the winners:
2011 Readers' Choice Awards for Theme Parks Results

Before you cast your vote, you can learn more about the five finalists with the handy-dandy Best New Theme Park Attraction of 2010 overview.

And be sure to check out the other three categories for the Readers' Choice Awards here at the Theme Parks site: Best New Theme Park Show of 2010, Best New Roller Coaster of 2010, and Best New Water Park Ride of 2010. Check back on March 15 to see if your favorite is a winner! Thanks for voting.

Connect With Arthur: Twitter | Facebook

Photo: About.com.

Comments
March 6, 2011 at 12:47 am
(1) Christa Lettery says:

I think it’s great that there is going to be a new attraction! Time to have one Morey’s! I’m sure my family is going to enjoy it. Thank you.

March 7, 2011 at 7:59 pm
(2) Bo Sherman says:

The ship looks a 1000 yeas old, how did they do that ?
and what a FANTASTIC cast of live actors, as for the effects, I’m speechless. I screamed so often I lost my voice.

March 7, 2011 at 8:23 pm
(3) Stan says:

The Ghost Ship was GREAT…

March 7, 2011 at 10:10 pm
(4) Jack says:

Ghost Ship will evolve and get better and better every year. While it is clearly a ride it is also live theater and hence will be ever changing, but ever rooted in it’s core which is the Classic Jersey Shoreness of summer vacations!!!

March 7, 2011 at 10:19 pm
(5) jacqueline elias says:

the best ride ever!
every night take this ride before the park close and the live actors change of places oh my god!
all the time they scare us!
if you go to wildwood try this ride!
and buy wristband is more cheap than the tickets and never expired! ENJOY!

March 8, 2011 at 1:39 pm
(6) Anna says:

Ghost Ship the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 8, 2011 at 10:42 pm
(7) Russell Masterson says:

I saw someone scream so much their false teeth fell out.

March 9, 2011 at 1:28 am
(8) BRIAN says:

Did I go through the same ship as the rest of you? Yea it was ok but not nearly as great as you make it sound. Actors? I counted about two as I strolled the decks. Way too much light. Most of the journey is outdoors so don’t even try the ship during the day.
Does it have potential? Yes. Will they take it to its full potential?

March 9, 2011 at 3:50 pm
(9) MOE ( Admissions) says:

Ghostship is awesome when you go through it you feel like you are in a real hunted ship and i think that every year they will develop it more and more but for now its awesome :) )) 12 tickets 11.40 :D lol i still remember :) ))

March 13, 2011 at 9:59 pm
(10) dave says:

ghostship sucks $11.50 to walk thur something thats not very scary at all you people should go in late night when they send most thier help home and still have the gaul to charge that price..they had a haunted house in the 90′s that was better than that.I paid $5.00 to walk thru horror city wich was better than ghostship!!!! plus look for a new haunt on sportland pier that will put them both to shame!!!!!

March 14, 2011 at 2:22 pm
(11) Crystal says:

SKYJUMP!!! The greatest experience EVER! It is worth every penny. Nothing like a 108 story free fall to get your day started. I’m sure I said 108 stories!!! I have to go again!